- Bendigo Health offers a 3 day placement to students allowing them to experience a variety of different procedures within the medical imaging department. Medical Imaging creates an image of the body (or parts of the body) which is then used for diagnosis and treatment, the department preforms around 84,000 examinations a year. This department is staffed by radiologists, medical imaging technologists, nurses and office staff.
- This placement allows students to observe all aspects of Medical Imaging including but not limited to
- MRI: the use of magnetic forces to obtain detailed images of the body,
- Ultrasound: high frequency sound waves that create an image covering musculo-skeletal and vascular examinations
- Digital Subtraction Angiography: Pictures of blood vessels
To reserve this opportunity please contact the responsible person at your school or education provider